Creative Tampa Bay is a proud partner of the 6th Annual Suncoast Arts Fest, held January 22 and 23 in Wesley Chapel. We encourage you to join us arts, entertainment and fun.
WHAT: The 6th Annual Suncoast Arts Fest located at the Shops of Wiregrass will feature: The work of over 110 fine artists and craftsmen
- Children’s Entertainment Hour with fun, finger-snapping, toe-tapping music by Potkeijos Band with an appearance by Baby Blues (a blues-singing puppet) at 10 AM Saturday at the main stage for entertainment.
- Performing visual arts: Speed Painter, Tim Decker.
- Live entertainment on Saturday with DeLei’ ed Parrots at 12 Noon, Jake Mackey performing blues, funk and reggae at 2:30 PM, and at 5 PM the Vocal Element, a 15-member vocal ensemble singing popular tunes to be sponsored by SAF; and the 60’s Groove at 6 PM sponsored by WJQB 106.3fm Golden Oldies radio.
- Regional school entertainment featured on Sunday from 11 AM—2 PM including Day spring Academy of Theater and JW Mitchell High School Jazz Ensemble.
- At 2 PM Sunday WMNF radio hosts their LIVE POLKA PARTY with DJ Wackie Jackie and his special guest, polka hall-of-famer, Joe Oberaitis and band.
- Returning this year by popular request: chalk artists will create beautiful, colorful sidewalk art, sponsored by Tampa Bay Businesses for Culture and the Arts.
- VSA Florida, Very Special Arts to promote the arts for the disabled.
- Kids Interactive Arts Area promoting art for Kids in Pasco County,
- Emerging Artist area for middle and high school artists.
- ”Flavors of…” offering direction to the best eateries and beverage shops at The Shops at Wiregrass, and
- Free parking; Free admission, handicap accessible
WHERE: At The Shops at Wiregrass located in Wesley Chapel on SR 56 just off of I-75 (Exit 275)
WHEN: January 22 & 23, 2011, Saturday from 10 AM to 7 PM & Sunday from 11 AM to 5 PM.
Additionally eight arts destinations, SAF Arts Partners, have joined with the SAF to round out this arts filled weekend throughout and beyond Pasco County!
Downtown Main Street, New Port Richey
- Kicking off the Suncoast Arts Fest Weekend event will be the Opening Night Gala, a fundraiser for Progress Energy Art Gallery (PEAG) to be held at Stilettos, 6229 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. Tickets available at PEAG for $35 dollars per person; cocktails and hors-devourers from 6—7 PM followed by program with guest speakers, illustrator Ralph Butler and artist David Kastner. Program concludes with dessert at the Progress Energy Art Gallery. Animal Obsession will be exhibited at PEAG and open to the public throughout the weekend.
- West Pasco Art Guild of New Port Richey exhibiting Fantasy of Flight an exhibit of art works along with model airplanes from the West Pasco Models Association and Bay City Flyers.
- Market off Main will be hosting the New Port Richey Recreation and Aquatics Center Youth Advisory Council in a children’s arts event on Saturday from 11 AM until 3 PM.
- Pasco Arts Council, during the weekend, will be represented by PAC art instructors who will be plein air painting at various locations throughout Downtown Main Street. In addition, the PAC art center located at 5744 Moog Rd. in Holiday will be exhibiting a student painting show, Viewpoints, during regular operating hours on Saturday from 9 AM until 1 PM.
New Port Richey
- The Alric Pottberg Gallery of Pasco-Hernando Community College (Port Richey campus) will exhibit Art Treasures by “M” by Madelyn McMillian-Wise, photographer, capturing Florida’s luscious foliage and breathtaking sunsets.
- Leepa-Rattner Museum at the Klosterman Road campus of St. Petersburg College will exhibit a sixty-year retrospective of the acclaimed New Orleans Kinetic sculptor Lin Emery titled Sculpture in Motion: Lin Emery, A Retrospective.
- The Pioneer Florida Museum of Dade City, teaching “Fabric Embellishments for Art Quilts”. Contact for space availability at 352-567-0262
- The Polly Wogg Gallery & Labyrinth of Hudson will be open Saturday and Sunday from 10 AM until 6 PM with free walks on the Labyrinth, over 5,000 square feet of Arts and Gifts, and free give-away Art Print to the first 100 visitors. A mural painting contest with Best Mural at the Festival votes this weekend, and plenty of great food from participating restaurants!
For additional information, visit www.suncoastartsfest.com or call 727-247-6182.
WHY: In the past five years, the Fine Arts of the Suncoast, Inc., a 501(c)3 not for profit Florida corporation, has been able to raise funds through the Suncoast Arts Fest to provide art supplies to Pasco County public and private schools, send aspiring high-school students to Portfolio Day at Ringling College of Art and Design, and create mobile art tubs for teachers to check-out to supplement their arts programs. In 2010, after surveying local art and music teachers to hear what their needs are, Fine Arts of the Suncoast developed a Teacher Grant Application to help support all arts teachers in need. Additionally, our “Benefit Arts for Kids Locally!” page is set up to show how much specific dollars can help an arts program for a full school year. For example, a $500 grant would allow an elementary school teacher to purchase enough clay for each child in the school to make their own piece of pottery.
Visitors to the Suncoast Arts Fest can directly sponsor a school’s need for art supplies at http://www.suncoastartsfest.com/beneficiary.htm.
For more information about the Suncoast Arts Fest Weekend event and our newly launched mobile website and QR code, go to www.SuncoastArtsFest.com. Suncoast Arts Fest is using the custom QR code and mobile web site to connect visitors by cell phone for all SAF information from where to stay overnight, how to get to all SAF weekend locations, where the artists are at Shops at Wiregrass, upcoming entertainment, “Flavors of…”(you’ve gotta eat!), and special sponsor values for this weekend! Either text SAF to 82672 and “opt in” for info. and the mobile site can also be found at URL http://www.ni1.us/t/saf/ on any web accessible cell phone. Once you have opted in, you will receive text messages being sent out for the Suncoast Arts Fest weekend.
The Suncoast Arts Fest is a production of The Fine Arts of the Suncoast, Inc., a Florida not-for-profit 501(c)(3) with the mission to “promote cultural awareness in Pasco County;” supported in part by Pasco County and the Tourist Development Council.